On this page
The general provisions on the use of work equipment can be found in section 2 of book IV of the Code on Well-being at Work. There are also specific provisions on:
- mobile work equipment (section 3 of book IV of the Code);
- work equipment for lifting loads (section 4 of book IV of the Code);
- work equipment for temporary work at height (section 5 of book IV of the Code).
Employers, workers and similar persons as stated in the Act on Well-being.
All the machines, devices, tools and installations used in the workplace; in brief, anything that allows work to be carried out.
The use of work equipment means each activity involving work equipment, including commissioning or decommissioning, use, transport, repair, transformation, maintenance and servicing (also cleaning).
- Firstly, with the prevention advisor of the internal and/or external service for prevention and protection at work.
- Secondly, with the competent regional directorate for Supervision of Well-being at Work.
- Questions on the interpretation of the legislation: in writing to the Directorate-General for Humanisation of Labour.