Listening and information phase
On this page
The worker can, according to his choice, address the counsellor or the Prevention Advisor for psychosocial aspects.
He can do this in person, by telephone, email or letter.
The confidential counsellor or the Prevention Advisor for psychosocial aspects must then, within a period of 10 calendar days, hear the worker and inform him about the possibilities for intervention.
Hearing the worker and providing this information can be done by telephone or during a personal interview and can take place during the very first contact.
Its purpose is to be able to properly describe the problem and to inform the worker about the possibility of obtaining an informal or formal solution.
If this takes place during a personal interview, the worker can ask the confidential counsellor or the Prevention Advisor for psychosocial aspects to draw up a document confirming the personal interview , available:
- in Dutch: document op te stellen dat het persoonlijk onderhoud bevestigt (PDF, 67.89 KB);
- in French: document qui confirme l’entretien personnel (PDF, 74.8 KB).
After receiving the necessary information, the worker will choose which type of intervention to use.
- Firstly, with the prevention advisor of the internal and/or external service for prevention and protection at work.
- Secondly, with the competent regional directorate for Supervision of Well-being at Work.
- Questions on the interpretation of the legislation: in writing to the Directorate-General for Humanisation of Labour.